Sunday, November 11, 2018

Ha! I found you!

It's been so long since I created a post for this blog that I'm not even sure if I'm doing it correctly. Definitely a sign that it's been too long.

Short and sweet - I found my 2nd great grandfather's obituary.


I've been looking for his obit for a couple of years now. I'd even made a search on Newspapers.com, but had pretty much given up on finding it. Some unknown force had me look for it this morning and poof there it was! I've had this happen often enough in my genealogical endeavors that I don't even question it anymore. I just say 'thank you' and move on.

Yup, right in the Brooklyn Daily Eagle where I always suspected it would be.


So today is going to be a good day - I know it! Now I need to find a picture of the church and his residence.

The residence confounds me a bit as it isn't the one listed on his death certificate, but that's for another day.

Have a good day folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment